Work Injury Treatment in Delano, MN
Work injury treatment in Delano, MN. Did you sustain an injury at work? Is your movement health being affected by chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you need to get back to work but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care may be your solution.
In addition to the physical pain a work injury causes, it also limits how you can put food on the table for your Delano, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are dealing with a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just symptoms affecting the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your overall wellness so that you can both return to work and stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Delano, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Delano, MN Treat?
Typically, work injuries occur for one of four reasons:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, non-specific back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are harder on our bodies, like construction or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, fractures, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — In working environments that rely on heavy equipment put workers at increased risk of being hit by a falling object. Examples of injuries include lesions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors can treat work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a brain injury leads you to have persistent migraines, chiropractors can also provide meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Delano, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Delano, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Delano, MN will depend on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to achieve. We'll discuss what caused your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to find out the root problem. After our initial talk, we'll do a physical examination, and do what X-rays or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually consists of chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic adjustments are done through over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and these manipulations let out tensions interfering with how the body works. Spinal adjustments help employees achieve optimal range of motion and help your body function as a successful whole, and pain is relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Used to treat injuries for over 5,000 years, massage therapy has been demonstrated to reduce stress, increase blood flow, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and other advice to help your work injury treatment in Delano, MN go as smoothly as possible and improve your health in the future.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Delano, MN
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our services in Delano, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — In addition to dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to stay healthy and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with tips for lifting and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, an experienced chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Delano, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the root cause instead of just treating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Delano, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to cover transportation costs (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Delano, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Delano, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Delano, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide effective pain relief, improve your long-term health, and help our Delano, MN friends and family understand the wonderful benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment for your work injury treatment in Delano, MN.