Whiplash Treatment in Delano, MN
Whiplash Treatment Delano, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people every year in the US alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Delano, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Delano, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Delano, MN with the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, disability, and other significant complications; get Delano, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Delano, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Delano, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Delano, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from chronic pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to learn whether a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Delano, MN.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Delano, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can lead to tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Delano, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like Delano, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, work with your Delano, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and resolve naturally on their own. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment methods like heat/cold applications and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Delano, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist longer than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your ability to enjoy life, you should request an appointment from our Delano, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor as soon as possible. It is also important to seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly prevalent for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and preventing years of chronic pain and debilitating symptoms is decided in part by whether you get quick, efficacious whiplash treatment in Delano, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Delano, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Delano, MN
Your Delano, MN whiplash treatment plan should be personalized to your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in Delano, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Delano, MN who have been injured with targeted, chiropractic care from reputable treatment professionals in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Delano, MN chiropractor immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully treats the route of the whiplash injury instead of merely temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients of all ages with a wide range of needs, goals, and conditions in the Delano, MN area. Our Delano, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Delano, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Delano, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help release tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Delano, MN may employ ultrasounds, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Delano, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Delano, MN. Make an appointment online right away.
Leading Delano, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from trusted Delano, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Delano, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Delano, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.