Migraine Treatment near Mound, MN
Migraine Treatment near Mound, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Mound, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Mound, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Mound, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Mound, MN chiropractic team provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Mound, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Mound, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Mound, MN chiropractors, your Mound, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month period, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who get migraines have been unable to function or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Mound, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Mound, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Mound, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning about anything you can do to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Mound, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Mound, MN area take an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Mound, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Mound, MN
Your Mound, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could help treat your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Mound, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Mound, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Mound, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Mound, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Mound, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Mound, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Mound, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Mound, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Mound, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Mound, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Mound, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.