Migraine Treatment near Mound, MN
Migraine Treatment near Mound, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Mound, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Mound, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Mound, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Mound, MN chiropractic team provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Mound, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Mound, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Mound, MN chiropractors, your Mound, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been unable to function or confined to bedrest due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Mound, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may be a good candidate for Mound, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack consists of four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Mound, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what you can do to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Mound, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Mound, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to treating each patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Mound, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can alleviate the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Mound, MN
When you trust our Mound, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Mound, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Mound, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Mound, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Mound, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Mound, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Mound, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Mound, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Mound, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Mound, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Mound, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Mound, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.