Whiplash Treatment in Mound, MN
Whiplash Treatment Mound, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect at least one million people annually in the US alone. Though many of these cases are mild, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Mound, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Mound, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to countless years of pain, disability, and other significant problems by getting Mound, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Mound, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Mound, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Mound, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from chronic pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is critical to seek a medical evaluation to determine if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Mound, MN.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents take place during crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Mound, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can result in heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Mound, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like Mound, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, look to your Mound, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and dissipate naturally on their own. These patients may choose to try home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Mound, MN if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress longer than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should request an appointment from our Mound, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor right away. It is also important to receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately common among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing a lifetime of pain and other conditions is heavily dependent upon getting quick, effective whiplash treatment in Mound, MN at your earliest opportunity after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Mound, MN whiplash treatment providers for skilled attention for your whiplash right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Mound, MN
Your Mound, MN whiplash treatment plan should be personalized to your injury and personal goals. You need a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Mound, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Mound, MN who have been injured with targeted, evidence-based treatment practices from practiced treatment providers in a safe, private, clean officee. Make an appointment for Mound, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully treats the route of the whiplash injury instead of merely masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients of all ages with a wide range of needs, goals, and conditions near Mound, MN. Our Mound, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and clinical experience to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Your Mound, MN chiropractor will perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Mound, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to loosen up the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Mound, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasound technology, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Mound, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Mound, MN. Book an appointment online now.
Get Mound, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from trusted Mound, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Mound, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Mound, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.