Work Injury Treatment in Mound, MN
Work injury treatment in Mound, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you want to feel better but are hesitant about surgery or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury comes with, it also limits how you can support for your Mound, MN family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are dealing with a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just symptoms affecting the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your wellness to ensure that you can both return to work and stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Mound, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Mound, MN Treat?
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, non-specific back pain from standing all day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are harder on our bodies, like construction or agriculture, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Injuries can include ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Common injuries include lesions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a concussion leads you to have chronic migraines, chiropractors can also provide significant headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped employees recover from in Mound, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial trigger points
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Mound, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Mound, MN will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to find out the root cause. After a discussion, we'll conduct a physical examination, and carry out what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic alignments are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "push joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these thrusts release tensions interfering with how the body works. In doing so, we help employees achieve optimal range of motion and help your body function in concert, and symptoms are relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue covering the the affected muscles. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, improve circulation, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and other advice to help your work injury treatment in Mound, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your long-term health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Mound, MN
Chiropractic care offers a wide array of benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our services in Mound, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to stay healthy and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We can help you with posture correction and other useful strategies to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, a professional chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. A lot of our Mound, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. We can't make fractures suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of just masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Mound, MN
Under Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to cover costs related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to treat them. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Mound, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Mound, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Mound, MN
We have three main goals: provide lasting pain relief, improve your total wellness, and help our Mound, MN communities learn the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment for your work injury treatment in Mound, MN.