Migraine Treatment near Mounds View, MN
Migraine Treatment near Mounds View, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Mounds View, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Mounds View, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Mounds View, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Mounds View, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Mounds View, MN chiropractic team offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Mounds View, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Mounds View, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Mounds View, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Mounds View, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Mounds View, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may benefit from Mounds View, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Mounds View, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Mounds View, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Mounds View, MN area take an individualized approach to caring for each patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Mounds View, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to reduce the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Mounds View, MN
Your Mounds View, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Mounds View, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Mounds View, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Mounds View, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Mounds View, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Mounds View, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Mounds View, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Mounds View, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Mounds View, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Mounds View, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Mounds View, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Mounds View, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.