Migraine Treatment near Mounds View, MN
Migraine Treatment near Mounds View, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Mounds View, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Mounds View, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Mounds View, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Mounds View, MN provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Mounds View, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Mounds View, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Mounds View, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Mounds View, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month span of time, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Mounds View, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Mounds View, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Mounds View, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Mounds View, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Mounds View, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Mounds View, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can alleviate the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Mounds View, MN
Your Mounds View, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Mounds View, MN migraine treatment.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Mounds View, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Mounds View, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Mounds View, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Mounds View, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Mounds View, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Mounds View, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Mounds View, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Mounds View, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and reducing the onset of episodes for countless Mounds View, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Mounds View, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.