Work Injury Treatment in Mounds View, MN
Work injury treatment in Mounds View, MN. Did you sustain an injury on the job? Is your movement health being affected by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are hesitant about invasive procedures or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care is your solution.
In addition to the physical pain a work injury causes, it also impacts your ability to provide for your Mounds View, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are dealing with a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just symptoms affecting the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you not only return to work, but stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Mounds View, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online.
Common Work Injuries That Mounds View, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from desk work, axial back pain from being in the same position all day, or a disc injury from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like landscaping or agriculture, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail heavy equipment place workers at increased risk of being hit by a falling object. Examples of injuries include bruises, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a brain injury causes persistent headaches, chiropractic care can also provide significant headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Mounds View, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Mounds View, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Mounds View, MN will depend on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to achieve. We'll go over what caused your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work backwards to discover what's causing them. After a discussion, we'll perform a physical examination, and do what X-rays or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries generally consists of chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "pop bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and these thrusts release muscle tension. Chiropractic alignments help employees reach optimal movement health and help your body work as a successful whole, and symptoms are relieved by relieving the stress an injury causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out tight muscles and facilitating the breakdown of scar tissue covering the site of an injury. Practiced since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase circulation, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Mounds View, MN go as quickly as possible and promote your health down the road.
Mounds View, MN Chiropractor: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractors offer innumerable benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our Mounds View, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to stay healthy and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other ways to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Mounds View, MN work injury patients end up coming in for maintenance after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries who first seek out a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of just masking symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Mounds View, MN
Because of Minnesota Law, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to cover transportation costs (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Mounds View, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Mounds View, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Mounds View, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide lasting pain relief, boost your long-term health, and help our Mounds View, MN communities learn the remarkable benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Mounds View, MN.