Whiplash Treatment in Mounds View, MN
Whiplash Treatment Mounds View, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect at least one million people every year in the US alone. While many of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Mounds View, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Mounds View, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, limitations, and other significant complications by getting Mounds View, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Mounds View, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Mounds View, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Mounds View, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from long-term pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is wise to seek medical attention to learn if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Mounds View, MN.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often occur in lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Mounds View, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can cause heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Mounds View, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. In any event, if your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Mounds View, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, look to your Mounds View, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are manageable and dissipate naturally with time. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Mounds View, MN if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor right away. You should also receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly prevalent among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and preventing a lifetime of pain and debilitating conditions is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, efficacious whiplash treatment in Mounds View, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Mounds View, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive skilled attention for your whiplash right away.
Mounds View, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Mounds View, MN whiplash treatment plan should be personalized to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Mounds View, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Mounds View, MN provides targeted, evidence-based treatment practices from reputable treatment providers in a safe, private, clean office settinge. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Mounds View, MN chiropractor right away.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than treating or masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals of all ages with a wide range of needs, priorities, and conditions in the Mounds View, MN area. Our Mounds View, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and clinical experience to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Mounds View, MN chiropractor will perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Mounds View, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help loosen up the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Mounds View, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasounds, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Mounds View, MN. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Mounds View, MN. Make an appointment online now.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Mounds View, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access quality whiplash treatment from trusted Mounds View, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Mounds View, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Mounds View, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.