Migraine Treatment near Osseo, MN
Migraine Treatment near Osseo, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Osseo, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Osseo, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Osseo, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Osseo, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Osseo, MN offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Osseo, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Osseo, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Osseo, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Osseo, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month span of time, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who live with migraines have been unable to function or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Osseo, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may benefit from Osseo, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Osseo, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what you can do to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Osseo, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Osseo, MN area take an individualized approach to caring for every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Osseo, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Osseo, MN
When you trust our Osseo, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could be effective treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible Osseo, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Osseo, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Osseo, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Osseo, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Osseo, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Osseo, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Osseo, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Osseo, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Osseo, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Osseo, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Osseo, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.