Work Injury Treatment in Osseo, MN
Work injury treatment in Osseo, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Are you suffering from chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you want to feel better but are hesitant about invasive procedures or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care may be your solution.
Beyond the pain and discomfort a work injury causes, it also impacts how you can support for your Osseo, MN family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are suffering a variety of injuries affecting any body part, not just injuries involving the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you can both get back to work and feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Osseo, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
Common Work Injuries That Osseo, MN Chiropractors Treat
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from carrying out the same activities for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, non-specific back pain from being in the same position all day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like construction or mining, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Injuries can include sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — In working environments that rely on heavy machinery put workers at higher risk of being struck by a falling object. Common injuries include lesions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a concussion causes chronic headaches, chiropractors can also offer significant headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped people found relief for in Osseo, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Osseo, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Osseo, MN chiropractor will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to find out the root problem. After we get to know you, we'll conduct a physical examination, and perform what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal alignments are done through a variety of chiropractic techniques that include quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "push joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and chiropractors let out tensions interfering with how the body works. Spinal manipulations help employees achieve optimal range of motion and help your body function in concert, and symptoms are relieved through relieving the stress an injury places on the nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced for over 5,000 years, massage therapy is proven to relieve anxiety, improve circulation, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll develop a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and other advice to help your work injury treatment in Osseo, MN go as smoothly as it can and promote your long-term health.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Osseo, MN
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our services in Osseo, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about posture correction and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, a professional chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your job. Many of our Osseo, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work faster under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of merely treating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Osseo, MN
Under Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. That includes covering costs related to travel (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to treat them. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Osseo, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Osseo, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Osseo, MN
We have three main goals: provide meaningful pain relief, improve your total health, and help our Osseo, MN friends and family learn the wonderful benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Osseo, MN.