Whiplash Treatment in Osseo, MN
Whiplash Treatment Osseo, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect at least one million people every year in the US alone. While the majority of these cases are mild, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Osseo, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Osseo, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Osseo, MN with the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source instead of only masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from countless years of pain, limitations, and other significant complications; get Osseo, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Osseo, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Osseo, MN?
You may need Osseo, MN whiplash treatment if you were subject to a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from long-term pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out whether a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Osseo, MN.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often take place during lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Osseo, MN because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can cause devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Osseo, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. In any event, if your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like Osseo, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, work with your Osseo, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are manageable and dissipate naturally on their own. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Osseo, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or persist more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your daily life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor immediately. You should also seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately common for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and preventing a lifetime of pain and other symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, proven whiplash treatment in Osseo, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Osseo, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive skilled attention for your whiplash right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Osseo, MN
Your Osseo, MN whiplash treatment plan should be personalized to your condition and your personal needs and goals. You need a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Osseo, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Osseo, MN provides modern, evidence-based treatment practices from seasoned treatment professionals in our private, modern, and clean officee. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Osseo, MN chiropractor now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients of all ages with a wide range of needs, priorities, and physical complaints in the Osseo, MN area. Our Osseo, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Osseo, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Osseo, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to loosen up tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Osseo, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Osseo, MN. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Osseo, MN. Make an appointment online as soon as you can.
Leading Osseo, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from trusted Osseo, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Osseo, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Osseo, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.