Migraine Treatment near Prior Lake, MN
Migraine Treatment near Prior Lake, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Prior Lake, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Prior Lake, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Prior Lake, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Prior Lake, MN provides private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Prior Lake, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Prior Lake, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Prior Lake, MN chiropractors, your Prior Lake, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month span of time, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have been debilitated or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Prior Lake, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Prior Lake, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is broken into four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Prior Lake, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what you can do to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Prior Lake, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Prior Lake, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Prior Lake, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Prior Lake, MN
Your Prior Lake, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Prior Lake, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Prior Lake, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Prior Lake, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Prior Lake, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Prior Lake, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Prior Lake, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Prior Lake, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Prior Lake, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Prior Lake, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and reducing the onset of episodes for countless Prior Lake, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Prior Lake, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.