Work Injury Treatment in Prior Lake, MN
Work injury treatment in Prior Lake, MN. Have you been injured at work? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about surgery or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the pain and discomfort a work injury causes, it also impacts your ability to put food on the table for your Prior Lake, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are dealing with a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just symptoms affecting the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your wellness to ensure that you not only return to work, but feel great once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Prior Lake, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That Prior Lake, MN Chiropractors Treat
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, axial back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a pinched nerve in your back from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like landscaping or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, fractures, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in jobs like construction. Common injuries include bruises, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors can treat work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury leads you to have persistent headaches, chiropractors can also provide meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped workers recover from in Prior Lake, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Prior Lake, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Prior Lake, MN will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over what caused your injury, or if you don't know how your injuries happen, work with you to discover the root problem. After our initial talk, we'll carry out a physical examination, and conduct what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries generally consists of chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal alignments are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "pop joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors let out muscle tension. Spinal manipulations help workers reach optimal range of motion and help your body function in concert, and pain is relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, increase blood flow, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll develop a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Prior Lake, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your health down the road.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Prior Lake, MN
Chiropractors offer innumerable benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our Prior Lake, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to stay healthy and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We can help you with tips for lifting and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a professional chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our Prior Lake, MN work injury patients end up coming in for maintenance once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work more quickly under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. We can't make broken bones suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the root cause instead of merely ameliorating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Prior Lake, MN
Under Minnesota Law, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. That includes covering expenses related to travel (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Prior Lake, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Prior Lake, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Prior Lake, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide effective pain relief, boost your total health, and help our Prior Lake, MN communities discover the wonderful benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Prior Lake, MN.