Whiplash Treatment in Prior Lake, MN
Whiplash Treatment Prior Lake, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people every year in the US alone. While many of these cases can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Prior Lake, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Prior Lake, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Prior Lake, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, limitations, and other significant problems; get Prior Lake, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Prior Lake, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Prior Lake, MN?
You may need Prior Lake, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop chronic pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is critical to get medical attention to determine whether you need Prior Lake, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Prior Lake, MN due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can cause devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Prior Lake, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you determine if you need Prior Lake, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, look to your Prior Lake, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients should try home whiplash treatment strategies like using heat and over-the-counter medications. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Prior Lake, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or progress beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should request an appointment from our Prior Lake, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor today. You should also seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately prevalent for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and preventing years of chronic pain and other symptoms is decided in part by whether you get prompt, tailored whiplash treatment in Prior Lake, MN right away after being injured. Contact the Prior Lake, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for help addressing your whiplash injury right away.
Prior Lake, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Prior Lake, MN that is personalized to your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Prior Lake, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Prior Lake, MN provides modern, chiropractic care from seasoned treatment providers in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Make an appointment for Prior Lake, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than treating or masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients of all ages with a wide variety of needs, priorities, and conditions in the Prior Lake, MN area. Our Prior Lake, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Prior Lake, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Prior Lake, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to loosen up tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Prior Lake, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Prior Lake, MN. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Prior Lake, MN. Make an appointment online right away.
Leading Prior Lake, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access quality whiplash treatment from leading Prior Lake, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Prior Lake, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Prior Lake, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.