Chiropractor in Prior Lake, MN
Chiropractor Prior Lake, MN. If you are wondering whether you can benefit from seeing a chiropractor, the answer is probably yes. However, every situation is unique, and you must educate yourself and understand any potential benefits and risks before pursuing a new kind of medical treatment. When you work with a chiropractor in Prior Lake, MN, they will employ proven techniques to realign your spine, ease pain, improve ability to move, and encourage overall wellness. If you are desperate for an escape from pain, want to reduce stiffness, or want to be healthier overall, find out how a chiropractor in Prior Lake, MN could help you.
When you visit a chiropractor near Prior Lake, MN, they will assess the structure and function of your spine and its effect on your ability to move, comfort, and health and put together a individualized treatment plan to help you achieve your personal wellness goals. At Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Prior Lake, MN, chiropractor Dr. Brent Tieri practices the most up-to-date chiropractic care endorsed by a long history of effectively helping patients manage or recover from a wide array of complaints in the Prior Lake, MN area. Talk to us about your condition immediately or book an appointment online now.
What Does a Chiropractor in Prior Lake, MN Do?
A chiropractor is professional health care provider that treats patients by applying manual manipulation techniques and other treatments to correct and align the spine and other joints. In order to treat patients, a chiropractor is required to earn a license to practice, experience, and postsecondary and ongoing education. Before practicing as a chiropractor in the Prior Lake, MN area, a practitioner must get a Doctor of Chiropractic degree and a Minnesota state license to practice chiropractic.
The role of the chiropractor is to restore balance to the body and improve the condition and function of the joints and muscles in the spine and throughout the body. Through proven treatment methods based in movement health, your chiropractor in Prior Lake, MN can help you recover from an injury, manage or treat a chronic condition, and foster better general health and wellness.
A chiropractor's methodology is based on the idea that the spine places a critical role in all mobility and physical wellness. The spine protects the spinal cord which, along with the brain, makes up the central nervous system. The spinal cord connects to nerves throughout the body and acts as a pathway to send signals and commands back and forth between the brain and the rest of the body. Feelings picked up by nerve throughout the body are sent to the brain, and the brain's directions on what to do are sent back to those parts of the body. Central to virtually every bodily function in some way, it is easy to understand why chiropractors see the spine as central to mobility and general health.
What Kinds of Treatments Does a Chiropractor Practice?
The key to successful chiropractic care near Prior Lake is a personalized treatment plan that is specific to your condition, health needs, and movement goals. At Total Spine Health and Injury Center, our Prior Lake, MN chiropractor sees you in a clean, private setting and works as a member of your larger medical team to best treat you.
When you work with a chiropractor near Prior Lake, MN from Total Spine Health and Injury Center, they may use a variety of treatments, which may include:
- Adjustments: there are number of different types of chiropractic adjustments Prior Lake chiropractors utilize in order to realign the spine. Through the application of gentle pressure to the tissue in and around the spine and/or other joints, chiropractic adjustments can ease pain and inflammation while increasing mobility.
- Traction: Done by hand or with special tools, spinal traction work to decompress spinal discs by gently opening up space between the vertebrae.
- Soft-tissue therapy: Your chiropractor may use soft tissue mobilization therapy and massage therapy to repair damaged tissues or realign joints. They do this by loosening tight muscles and releasing tension in the fascia - the tissue surrounding the muscle.
- Therapeutic exercises and stretches: Your Prior Lake, MN chiropractor may prescribe specific movements and exercises designed to correct injuries and encourage better bodily structure and function. Therapeutic exercises help support joint stability and mobility and increase movement health from strength, endurance, flexibility and balance.
- Hot/Cold applications: Often used as a supplement to additional treatment methods, the use of heat and ice on injured or damaged parts of the body can reduce swelling, mitigate pain, and encourage increased blood flow to foster healing.
- Modifications and education: To maximize your healing and health, your Prior Lake, MN chiropractor will identify necessary lifestyle changes, educate you to correct your posture or technique for certain activities, or may help you access tools to support your healing such as corrective devices or tools to enhance comfort (such as an ergonomic keyboard for work or nutritional supplements). Your chiropractor will education you on:
- Positive health habits
- Modifications for work activities and other daily activities
To reach the end goal of absolute movement health, your chiropractor views your care hollistically. Poor health holds you back from being able to reach peak health. You cannot be at your best if you are suffering from the negative consequences of smoking which can include anything from weak bones to heart failure or the various physical and mental health complications that are associated with obesity. Your chiropractor near Prior Lake, MN understands many facets of health and wellness and will offer the guidance you need to manage your weight, quit smoking, eat a balanced diet, or pull through any other obstacles that you must overcome in order to reach your best possible condition.
Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor
Chiropractic care lends its patients a host of short term and long term benefits. The fundamental advantages of receiving chiropractic care, according to peer-reviewed studies, are reduced pain in 92% of patients and improved mobility in 80% of patients.
But chiropractic care does so much more to serve its patients. Just as you would when beginning any new form of medical care, it is imperative that you consult a professional and give them an accurate medical background before trying a type of care like chiropractic. However, when you are considering whether chiropractic care is right for you, note some of the advantages our Prior Lake chiropractic patients often enjoy:
- Chiropractic care is often more affordable than alternative treatment options.
- Avoid having to take and become dependent on narcotics like opioids. Spinal pain patients who get chiropractic care are half as likely to take opioids than those who did not see a chiropractor.
- Get pain relief from a number of chronic conditions and acute injuries.
- Chronic conditions and pain can be managed in a way that is convenient, accessible, and carries little risk compared to alternative treatments.
- Working with a chiropractor can improve your overall posture, which in turn reduces the risk of pain or developing a condition from repetitive use, especially if your work requires you to sit for long periods of time.
- Improve your mobility with a better aligned spine and more balanced body.
- Reduce your risk of injury by improving strength, balance, and flexibility.
- There may be residual effects of receiving chiropractic treatment that improve digestion, lower blood pressure, and boost the immune system.
- Seeing a chiropractor to treat a pain condition can result in better sleep, as relieving your pain at the source and reducing stiffness can make it much easier to rest.
- Being treated by a chiropractor encourages overall wellness and can improve your mood.
When to See a Chiropractor in Prior Lake, MN
As a leader in providing accessible wellness and spine care in the Prior Lake area, Total Spine Health and Injury Center is staffed with a qualified team prepared to make you comfortable and free you from pain. A trusted and relied-upon chiropractor in Prior Lake, MN with many years of experience treating patients, Dr. Brent Tieri and the entire Total Spine care team provide quality chiropractic care based on extensive knowledge, skill, and experience.
Seeing a chiropractor can help you heal from an injury, but you can enjoy major benefits from getting chiropractic even if you're not injured. The Prior Lake chiropractors at Total Spine work with people of every age, gender, and health background. In addition to injuries and chronic conditions, we treat uninjured patients to maximize their wellnesspromote peak performance. Learn more about what our Prior Lake, MN chiropractor can do for you by selecting from the list below.
Our Prior Lake, MN area chiropractic team has the skill and experience you want from your treatment provider. Our chiropractor and staff have been successful in treating Prior Lake patients with a wide range of complaints using a variety of proven treatment methods. Learn more below.
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Dr. Brent Tieri and the Total Spine chiropractic team in Prior Lake, MN will provide informed, quality care when you need to see a chiropractor. Contact us or call (763) 568-7869 to review your needs or make an appointment online right now.
See a Trusted Prior Lake, MN Chiropractor
Get accessible, evidence-driven, personally tailored care from Total Spine Health and Injury Center. Whether you have been living with pain for months with no end in sight, strained your back over the weekend, or are looking for ways to improve your mobility and overall wellness, leading Prior Lake, MN chiropractor and Minnesota native Dr. Brent Tieri will help correct and restore your body. You do not have to resign yourself to a life of limitations and excruciating pain. Schedule an appointment with Prior Lake chiropractor Dr. Brent Tieri now.