Migraine Treatment near Rockford, MN
Migraine Treatment near Rockford, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Rockford, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Rockford, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Rockford, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Rockford, MN provides private, individualized care in a clean and modern offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Rockford, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Rockford, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Rockford, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Rockford, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Rockford, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Rockford, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Rockford, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning what actions you can take to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Rockford, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Rockford, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Rockford, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Rockford, MN
When you trust our Rockford, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Rockford, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Rockford, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Rockford, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Rockford, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Rockford, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Rockford, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Rockford, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Rockford, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Rockford, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in managing the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Rockford, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Rockford, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.