Work Injury Treatment in Rockford, MN
Work injury treatment in Rockford, MN. Have you been injured at work? Is your movement health being impacted by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are hesitant about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care may be your solution.
In addition to the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also affects how you can support for your Rockford, MN family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are dealing with a variety of injuries affecting any body part, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term wellness so that you not only get back to work, but feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Rockford, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Rockford, MN Treat?
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from desk work, axial back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a disc injury from more physically intensive work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like construction or agriculture, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail heavy equipment put workers at higher risk of being hit by a falling object. Common injuries include lesions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a concussion leads you to have persistent headaches, chiropractors can also provide long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Rockford, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Rockford, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Rockford, MN will depend on the nature of your injury, nature of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over what caused your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to discover what's causing them. After we get to know you, we'll carry out a physical examination, and conduct what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually consists of chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic alignments are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "push joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and these manipulations let out muscle tension. Spinal adjustments help employees achieve optimal functionality and ensure your body is functioning in concert, and symptoms are relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out soft tissue and facilitating the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to relieve stress, improve blood flow, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll develop a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Rockford, MN go as quickly as it can and promote your long-term health.
Rockford, MN Chiropractic Care: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our Rockford, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your job. A lot of our Rockford, MN work injury patients schedule maintenance after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work more quickly under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% chance of having surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make broken bones heal faster, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of just ameliorating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Rockford, MN
Under Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. They also need to pay for travel expenses (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Rockford, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Rockford, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Rockford, MN
Our goals are simple: provide quick pain relief, boost your overall health, and help our Rockford, MN communities learn the wonderful benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Rockford, MN.