Whiplash Treatment in Rockford, MN
Whiplash Treatment Rockford, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people annually in the United States alone. Though many of these cases can heal with minimal medical care, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Rockford, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Rockford, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Rockford, MN with the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to countless years of pain, limitations, and other significant problems; get Rockford, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Rockford, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Rockford, MN?
You may need Rockford, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from long-term pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to learn whether you need Rockford, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Rockford, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can result in heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Rockford, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out if you need Rockford, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice such symptoms, look to your Rockford, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment methods like applying heat and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Rockford, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your daily life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor today. You should also receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and avoiding years of chronic pain and other symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, effective whiplash treatment in Rockford, MN right away after being injured. Contact the Rockford, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for help addressing your whiplash right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Rockford, MN
Your Rockford, MN whiplash treatment plan should be catered to your injury and personal goals. You need a whiplash treatment doctor in Rockford, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Rockford, MN provides targeted, evidence-based treatment practices from practiced treatment professionals in our private, modern, and clean facilitye. Book an appointment for Rockford, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors right away.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully treats the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to treating or temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients young and old who have a wide variety of needs, priorities, and physical complaints in the Rockford, MN area. Our Rockford, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Rockford, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Rockford, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help release tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Rockford, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might employ ultrasound technology, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Rockford, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Rockford, MN. Schedule an appointment online right away.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Rockford, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from trusted Rockford, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Rockford, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Rockford, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.