Migraine Treatment near Rogers, MN
Migraine Treatment near Rogers, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Rogers, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Rogers, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Rogers, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Rogers, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Rogers, MN chiropractic team offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Rogers, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Rogers, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Rogers, MN chiropractors, your Rogers, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have been debilitated or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Rogers, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Rogers, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode is broken into four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Rogers, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning what actions you can take to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Rogers, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Rogers, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating each patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Rogers, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Rogers, MN
When you trust our Rogers, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Rogers, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Rogers, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Rogers, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Rogers, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Rogers, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Rogers, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Rogers, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Rogers, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Rogers, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Rogers, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Rogers, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.