Work Injury Treatment in Rogers, MN
Work injury treatment in Rogers, MN. Have you been injured at work? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you want to feel better but are hesitant about surgery or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the pain and discomfort a work injury comes with, it also limits how you can put food on the table for your Rogers, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are suffering a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your wellness so that you can both get back to work and feel great once you get there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Rogers, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online.
Common Work Injuries That Rogers, MN Chiropractors Treat
Typically, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same motions for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, non-specific back pain from being in the same position all day, or a frozen shoulder from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like landscaping or mining, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Injuries can include ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Common injuries include lesions, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a brain injury causes chronic migraines, chiropractors can also offer lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Rogers, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Rogers, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Rogers, MN chiropractor will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll go over what caused your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to discover what's causing them. After our initial talk, we'll do a physical examination, and carry out what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries usually consists of chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic adjustments are done through a variety of chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and these manipulations let out tensions interfering with how the body works. Spinal adjustments help employees achieve optimal functionality and help your body work in concert, and pain is relieved by relieving the stress a misalignment causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and facilitating the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, improve circulation, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Rogers, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your health in the future.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Rogers, MN
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our services in Rogers, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how our bodies work in order to stay healthy and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about posture correction and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, an experienced chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Rogers, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make broken bones heal faster, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it tackles the underlying issue instead of just masking symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Rogers, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Law, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to cover expenses related to travel (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Rogers, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Rogers, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Rogers, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide quick pain relief, improve your overall health, and help our Rogers, MN friends and family learn the wonderful benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment for your work injury treatment in Rogers, MN.