Whiplash Treatment in Rogers, MN
Whiplash Treatment Rogers, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect more than one million people every year in the United States alone. Though the majority of these cases are mild, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Rogers, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Rogers, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Rogers, MN with the clinical experience and practical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of only temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to countless years of pain, disability, and other significant complications by getting Rogers, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Rogers, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Rogers, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Rogers, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from long-term pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to learn whether you need Rogers, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Rogers, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can cause devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Rogers, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Rogers, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, work with your Rogers, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients may choose to try home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Rogers, MN if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your daily life, you should make an appointment from our Rogers, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor today. You should also receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately prevalent among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing a lifetime of pain and other conditions is decided in part by whether you get prompt, proven whiplash treatment in Rogers, MN as soon as possible after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Rogers, MN whiplash treatment providers for help addressing your whiplash right away.
Rogers, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Rogers, MN whiplash treatment plan should be catered to your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Rogers, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Rogers, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices performed by accomplished treatment providers in a safe, private, clean office settinge. Request an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Rogers, MN chiropractor right away.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the route of the whiplash injury rather than merely masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients young and old who have a wide variety of needs, goals, and conditions near Rogers, MN. Our Rogers, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Rogers, MN chiropractor will perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Rogers, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to loosen up the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Rogers, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Rogers, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Rogers, MN. Book an appointment online now.
Leading Rogers, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive quality whiplash treatment from trusted Rogers, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Rogers, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Rogers, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.