Migraine Treatment near Shakopee, MN
Migraine Treatment near Shakopee, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Shakopee, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Shakopee, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Shakopee, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Shakopee, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Shakopee, MN provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Shakopee, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Shakopee, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Shakopee, MN chiropractors, your Shakopee, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have been debilitated or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Shakopee, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Shakopee, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is broken into four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Shakopee, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning what you can do to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Shakopee, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Shakopee, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to caring for every patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Shakopee, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can alleviate the frequency of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Shakopee, MN
When you trust our Shakopee, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible Shakopee, MN migraine treatment.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Shakopee, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Shakopee, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Shakopee, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Shakopee, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Shakopee, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Shakopee, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Shakopee, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Shakopee, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Shakopee, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Shakopee, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.