Work Injury Treatment in Shakopee, MN
Work injury treatment in Shakopee, MN. Have you been injured at work? Is your movement health being affected by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about surgery or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care is your solution.
In addition to the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also affects your ability to provide for your Shakopee, MN family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are dealing with a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term health so that you not only return to work, but feel great once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Shakopee, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Shakopee, MN Treat?
Generally, work injuries occur for one of four reasons:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, non-specific back pain from being in the same position all day, or a pinched nerve in your back from more physically intensive work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like landscaping or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Injuries can include ligament injuries, fractures, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Falling object injuries — In working environments that rely on heavy machinery put workers at heightened risk of being hit by a falling object. Common injuries include contusions, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a brain injury leads you to have chronic headaches, chiropractic care can also provide long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped workers recover from in Shakopee, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Shakopee, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Shakopee, MN chiropractor will depend on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to achieve. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know how your injuries happen, work backwards to discover the root problem. After our initial talk, we'll conduct a physical examination, and perform what imaging tests or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries typically consists of chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal adjustments are carried out by a variety of chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to popular belief, chiropractors rarely "push joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors release muscle tension. In doing so, we help employees reach optimal range of motion and help your body function harmoniously with itself, and symptoms are relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced for over 5,000 years, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, increase blood flow, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Shakopee, MN go as smoothly as possible and promote your long-term health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Shakopee, MN
Chiropractors offer innumerable benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Shakopee, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a licensed chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. Many of our Shakopee, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work more quickly under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it tackles the root cause instead of just treating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Shakopee, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to pay for travel costs (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Shakopee, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Shakopee, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Shakopee, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide lasting pain relief, improve your overall wellness, and help our Shakopee, MN communities understand the remarkable benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Shakopee, MN.