Whiplash Treatment in Shakopee, MN
Whiplash Treatment Shakopee, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people annually in the United States alone. While many of these cases are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Shakopee, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Shakopee, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, limitations, and other significant medical conditions; get Shakopee, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Shakopee, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Shakopee, MN?
You may need Shakopee, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from chronic pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is wise to get a medical evaluation to find out if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Shakopee, MN.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Shakopee, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Shakopee, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like Shakopee, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice such symptoms, look to your Shakopee, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally with time. These patients may choose to try home whiplash treatment strategies like using heat and OTC medications. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Shakopee, MN if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or continue more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor today. You should also seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately common for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing a lifetime of pain and other symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, efficacious whiplash treatment in Shakopee, MN right away after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Shakopee, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive help addressing your whiplash injury right away.
Shakopee, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Shakopee, MN that is catered to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment professional in Shakopee, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Shakopee, MN who have been injured with targeted, chiropractic care from practiced medical professionals in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Schedule an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Shakopee, MN chiropractor immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than treating or temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals young and old who have a wide variety of needs, priorities, and physical complaints in the Shakopee, MN area. Our Shakopee, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Shakopee, MN chiropractor will perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Shakopee, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to loosen up tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Shakopee, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Shakopee, MN. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Shakopee, MN. Make an appointment online as soon as you can.
Get Shakopee, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from trusted Shakopee, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Shakopee, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Shakopee, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.