Migraine Treatment near St. Michael, MN
Migraine Treatment near St. Michael, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective St. Michael, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including St. Michael, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many St. Michael, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in St. Michael, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near St. Michael, MN offers private, personalized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment St. Michael, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right St. Michael, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our St. Michael, MN chiropractors, your St. Michael, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month span of time, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in St. Michael, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may benefit from St. Michael, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in St. Michael, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn about anything you can do to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near St. Michael, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the St. Michael, MN area take an individualized approach to caring for each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near St. Michael, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can reduce the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near St. Michael, MN
Your St. Michael, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible St. Michael, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many St. Michael, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In St. Michael, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our St. Michael, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in St. Michael, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The St. Michael, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our St. Michael, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near St. Michael, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our St. Michael, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless St. Michael, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Michael, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.