Whiplash Treatment in St. Michael, MN
Whiplash Treatment St. Michael, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people every year in the US alone. While many of whiplash injuries are mild, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the St. Michael, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a St. Michael, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near St. Michael, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, disability, and other significant medical conditions by getting St. Michael, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near St. Michael, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in St. Michael, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need St. Michael, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from long-term pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to learn if you need St. Michael, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. The majority of whiplash car accidents take place during crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our St. Michael, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can lead to heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine St. Michael, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. In any event, if your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out if you need St. Michael, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice such symptoms, work with your St. Michael, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment methods like applying heat and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near St. Michael, MN if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or continue more than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should request an appointment from our St. Michael, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor right away. You should also receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly prevalent for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing a lifetime of pain and other conditions is heavily dependent upon getting quick, effective whiplash treatment in St. Michael, MN right away after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's St. Michael, MN whiplash treatment providers for help addressing your whiplash right away.
Whiplash Treatment in St. Michael, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in St. Michael, MN that is written for your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in St. Michael, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Michael, MN provides targeted, chiropractic care from practiced treatment professionals in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Make an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading St. Michael, MN chiropractor now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully addresses the route of the whiplash injury instead of merely masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats individuals of all ages with a wide variety of needs, goals, and physical complaints near St. Michael, MN. Our St. Michael, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your St. Michael, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your St. Michael, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to release the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near St. Michael, MN may employ ultrasounds, which can reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near St. Michael, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Michael, MN. Book an appointment online as soon as you can.
Get St. Michael, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from trusted St. Michael, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Michael, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our St. Michael, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.