Work Injury Treatment in St. Michael, MN
Work injury treatment in St. Michael, MN. Did you suffer an injury on the job? Is your movement health being affected by chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you want to feel better but are hesitant about surgery or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care is your solution.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury causes, it also limits how you can put food on the table for your St. Michael, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are dealing with a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just injuries involving the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your wellness so that you can both return to work and stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in St. Michael, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In St. Michael, MN Treat?
Generally, work injuries occur for one of four reasons:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a pinched nerve in your back from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require strenuous physical activity, like construction or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail heavy machinery place workers at heightened risk of being hit by a falling object. Examples of injuries include contusions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury leads you to have chronic headaches, chiropractic care can also provide meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in St. Michael, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in St. Michael, MN?
How we treat your injuries in St. Michael, MN will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know how your injuries happen, work backwards to discover what's causing them. After a discussion, we'll carry out a physical examination, and do what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best treat your injuries. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries generally includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal adjustments are carried out by a variety of chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "push bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors let out muscle tension. In doing so, we help employees reach optimal movement health and help your body function in concert, and symptoms are relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase circulation, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in St. Michael, MN go as smoothly as it can and promote your long-term health.
St. Michael, MN Chiropractic Care: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractors offer a wide array of benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our services in St. Michael, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, improve blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about posture correction and other ways to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a licensed chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. Many of our St. Michael, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% chance of having surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of just masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in St. Michael, MN
Under Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to pay for costs related to travel (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in St. Michael, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in St. Michael, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in St. Michael, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide quick pain relief, boost your long-term wellness, and help our St. Michael, MN communities understand the wonderful benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment for your work injury treatment in St. Michael, MN.