Migraine Treatment near Watertown, MN
Migraine Treatment near Watertown, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Watertown, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Watertown, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Watertown, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in Watertown, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Watertown, MN chiropractic team offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Watertown, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Watertown, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Watertown, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Watertown, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have been unable to function or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Watertown, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Watertown, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode consists of four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Watertown, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Watertown, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Watertown, MN area take a personalized approach to treating each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Watertown, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Watertown, MN
Your Watertown, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Watertown, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Watertown, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Watertown, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Watertown, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Watertown, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Watertown, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Watertown, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Watertown, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Watertown, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Watertown, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Watertown, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.