Migraine Treatment near Watertown, MN
Migraine Treatment near Watertown, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Watertown, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Watertown, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Watertown, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Watertown, MN provides private, individualized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Watertown, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Watertown, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Watertown, MN chiropractors, your Watertown, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of visits to the emergency room.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have been debilitated or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Watertown, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may be a good candidate for Watertown, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Watertown, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning what actions you can take to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Watertown, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Watertown, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to caring for every patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Watertown, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Watertown, MN
Your Watertown, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible Watertown, MN migraine treatment.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Watertown, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Watertown, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Watertown, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Watertown, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Watertown, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Watertown, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Watertown, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Watertown, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Watertown, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Watertown, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.