Work Injury Treatment in Watertown, MN
Work injury treatment in Watertown, MN. Have you been injured on the job? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also affects how you can put food on the table for your Watertown, MN family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are suffering a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your overall wellness to ensure that you not only get back to work, but feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Watertown, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That Watertown, MN Chiropractors Treat
Generally, work injuries occur for one of four reasons:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a pinched nerve in your back from more physically intensive work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require strenuous physical activity, like construction or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include ligament injuries, fractures, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — Jobs that entail heavy equipment place workers at increased risk of being struck by a falling object. Common injuries include bruises, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors can treat work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury causes chronic headaches, chiropractors can also offer significant headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Watertown, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Watertown, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Watertown, MN will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to achieve. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to discover what's causing them. After our initial talk, we'll perform a physical examination, and carry out what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries generally includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic adjustments are done through a variety of chiropractic techniques that include quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors let out muscle tension. Chiropractic alignments help workers reach optimal movement health and ensure your body is working as a successful whole, and pain is relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out soft tissue and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue covering the site of an injury. Used to treat injuries for over 5,000 years, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, improve circulation, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Watertown, MN go as quickly as possible and promote your long-term health.
Watertown, MN Chiropractor: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractors offer a wide range of benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our Watertown, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, improve blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how our bodies work in order to stay healthy and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, a professional chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your job. A lot of our Watertown, MN work injury patients schedule maintenance after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work faster when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries who first seek out a medical doctor have a 42.7% chance of having surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. We can't make fractures suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of just masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Watertown, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. That includes covering transportation costs (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Watertown, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Watertown, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Watertown, MN
We have three main goals: provide meaningful pain relief, boost your overall wellness, and help our Watertown, MN communities learn the wonderful benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Watertown, MN.