Whiplash Treatment in Watertown, MN
Whiplash Treatment Watertown, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people every year in the US alone. Though many of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Watertown, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Watertown, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source rather than only masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, limitations, and other significant complications; get Watertown, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Watertown, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Watertown, MN?
You may need Watertown, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could develop chronic pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is wise to seek medical attention to find out whether you need Watertown, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often occur in crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Watertown, MN because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can lead to heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Watertown, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Watertown, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, look to your Watertown, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and resolve naturally with time. These patients may choose to try home whiplash treatment strategies like applying heat and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Watertown, MN if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress beyond two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor immediately. You should also seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately common for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is decided in part by whether you get prompt, proven whiplash treatment in Watertown, MN as soon as possible after sustaining your injury. Contact the Watertown, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Watertown, MN
Your Watertown, MN whiplash treatment plan should be catered to your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Watertown, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Watertown, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices from accomplished medical professionals in our private, modern, and clean facilitye. Make an appointment for Watertown, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury instead of merely temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients young and old who have a wide range of needs, goals, and physical complaints in the Watertown, MN area. The Total Spine Watertown, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Watertown, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Watertown, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help loosen up the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Watertown, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Watertown, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Watertown, MN. Schedule an appointment online as soon as you can.
Get Watertown, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from trusted Watertown, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Watertown, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Watertown, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.