Migraine Treatment near Zimmerman, MN
Migraine Treatment near Zimmerman, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Zimmerman, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Zimmerman, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Zimmerman, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Zimmerman, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Zimmerman, MN offers private, personalized care in a clean and modern clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Zimmerman, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Zimmerman, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Zimmerman, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Zimmerman, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been unable to function or forced to stay in bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Zimmerman, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Zimmerman, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Zimmerman, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning about anything actions you can take to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Zimmerman, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Zimmerman, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to caring for every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Zimmerman, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the recurrence of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Zimmerman, MN
When you trust our Zimmerman, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Zimmerman, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Zimmerman, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Zimmerman, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Zimmerman, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Zimmerman, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Zimmerman, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Zimmerman, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Zimmerman, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Zimmerman, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Zimmerman, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Zimmerman, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.