Migraine Treatment near Zimmerman, MN
Migraine Treatment near Zimmerman, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Zimmerman, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Zimmerman, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Zimmerman, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Zimmerman, MN provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Zimmerman, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Zimmerman, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Zimmerman, MN chiropractors, your Zimmerman, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have been unable to function or forced to stay in bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Zimmerman, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Zimmerman, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Zimmerman, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what you can do to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Zimmerman, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Zimmerman, MN area take an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Zimmerman, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can alleviate the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Zimmerman, MN
When you trust our Zimmerman, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could help treat your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Zimmerman, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Zimmerman, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Zimmerman, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Zimmerman, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Zimmerman, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Zimmerman, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Zimmerman, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Zimmerman, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Zimmerman, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in managing the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Zimmerman, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Zimmerman, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.