Work Injury Treatment in Zimmerman, MN
Work injury treatment in Zimmerman, MN. Have you been injured on the job? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are hesitant about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the limitations and pain a work injury causes, it also impacts your ability to put food on the table for your Zimmerman, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are dealing with a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term health so that you not only get back to work, but feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Zimmerman, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
Common Work Injuries That Zimmerman, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, non-specific back pain from standing all day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like landscaping or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, fractures, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — In working environments that rely on heavy equipment place workers at increased risk of being hit by a falling object. Examples of injuries include contusions, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury leads you to have persistent migraines, chiropractors can also provide lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Zimmerman, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Zimmerman, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Zimmerman, MN will be based on the nature of your injury, nature of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work with you to find out the root cause. After we get to know you, we'll conduct a physical examination, and perform what imaging tests or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries typically includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal adjustments are done through a variety of chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "pop bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and chiropractors release muscle tension. In doing so, we help employees reach optimal range of motion and ensure your body is working in concert, and symptoms are relieved by relieving the stress an injury causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue covering the site of an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to reduce anxiety, increase circulation, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Zimmerman, MN go as smoothly as possible and promote your health down the road.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Zimmerman, MN
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our Zimmerman, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about posture correction and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, an experienced chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, soft tissue, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your job. A lot of our Zimmerman, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work more quickly under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. We can't make broken bones heal faster, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the root cause instead of just masking symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Zimmerman, MN
Under Minnesota Law, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. That includes covering expenses related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Zimmerman, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Zimmerman, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Zimmerman, MN
Our goals are simple: provide meaningful pain relief, boost your total health, and help our Zimmerman, MN friends and family discover the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment for your work injury treatment in Zimmerman, MN.