Whiplash Treatment in Zimmerman, MN
Whiplash Treatment Zimmerman, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect more than one million people every year in the US alone. Though many of these cases are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Zimmerman, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Zimmerman, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Zimmerman, MN with the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than only temporarily covering up your symptoms. Protect yourself from endless years of pain, disability, and other significant problems; get Zimmerman, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Zimmerman, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Zimmerman, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Zimmerman, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could develop chronic pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is vital to get a medical evaluation to find out if you need Zimmerman, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents take place during crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Zimmerman, MN because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can cause devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Zimmerman, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine if you need Zimmerman, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice such symptoms, look to your Zimmerman, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients may choose to try home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Zimmerman, MN if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your daily life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor today. You should also seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly prevalent among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and avoiding years of chronic pain and other symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, efficacious whiplash treatment in Zimmerman, MN right away after being injured. Contact the Zimmerman, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for help addressing your whiplash right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Zimmerman, MN
Your Zimmerman, MN whiplash treatment plan should be designed for your condition and your personal needs and goals. You need a whiplash treatment doctor in Zimmerman, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Zimmerman, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices performed by practiced medical professionals in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Schedule an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Zimmerman, MN chiropractor now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury instead of treating or temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients of all ages with a wide variety of needs, priorities, and physical complaints in the Zimmerman, MN area. The Total Spine Zimmerman, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Zimmerman, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Zimmerman, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to release tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Zimmerman, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Zimmerman, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Zimmerman, MN. Book an appointment online now.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Zimmerman, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access expert whiplash treatment from trusted Zimmerman, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Zimmerman, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Zimmerman, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.