Whiplash Treatment in Loretto, MN
Whiplash Treatment Loretto, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people annually in the US alone. While many of these cases can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Loretto, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Loretto, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and practical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, limitations, and other significant problems; get Loretto, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Loretto, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Loretto, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Loretto, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop chronic pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out if you need Loretto, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Loretto, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can result in heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Loretto, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out whether whiplash treatment like Loretto, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, you may experience these symptoms:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, work with your Loretto, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and dissipate naturally on their own. These patients should try home whiplash treatment methods like applying heat and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Loretto, MN if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your daily life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor immediately. You should also receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and avoiding a lifetime of pain and debilitating conditions is decided in part by whether you get quick, proven whiplash treatment in Loretto, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Loretto, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
Loretto, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Loretto, MN that is catered to your condition and your personal needs and goals. You need a whiplash treatment doctor in Loretto, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Loretto, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices from reputable medical professionals in a safe, private, clean officee. Schedule an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Loretto, MN chiropractor right away.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the route of the whiplash injury rather than merely temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients of all ages with a wide variety of needs, goals, and conditions near Loretto, MN. The Total Spine Loretto, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Loretto, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Loretto, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help loosen up the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Loretto, MN might employ ultrasounds, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Loretto, MN. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Loretto, MN. Make an appointment online right away.
Leading Loretto, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from leading Loretto, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Loretto, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Loretto, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.