Work Injury Treatment in Loretto, MN
Work injury treatment in Loretto, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the physical pain a work injury causes, it also limits your ability to put food on the table for your Loretto, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are suffering a variety of injuries affecting any body part, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your overall wellness so that you can both get back to work and feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Loretto, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Loretto, MN Treat?
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, axial back pain from being in the same position all day, or a frozen shoulder from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more intensive physical activity, like construction or mining, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include ligament injuries, fractures, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — In working environments that rely on heavy machinery put workers at heightened risk of being struck by a falling object. Common injuries include lesions, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a concussion leads you to have chronic migraines, chiropractic care can also provide meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped employees recover from in Loretto, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Loretto, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Loretto, MN chiropractor will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll go over what caused your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work backwards to find out the root cause. After we get to know you, we'll carry out a physical examination, and conduct what X-rays or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries typically includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "push bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and chiropractors let out tensions interfering with how the body works. Chiropractic adjustments help patients reach optimal range of motion and ensure your body is working as a successful whole, and pain is relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out tight muscles and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, improve blood flow, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Loretto, MN go as smoothly as possible and improve your long-term health.
Loretto, MN Chiropractor: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractic care offers innumerable benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our Loretto, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to stay healthy and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We can help you with tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, a professional chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your job. A lot of our Loretto, MN work injury patients schedule maintenance once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the underlying issue instead of just ameliorating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Loretto, MN
Under Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. That includes covering expenses related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to treat them. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Loretto, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Loretto, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Loretto, MN
Our goals are simple: provide quick pain relief, improve your total health, and help our Loretto, MN communities understand the remarkable benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment for your work injury treatment in Loretto, MN.