Whiplash Treatment in Princeton, MN
Whiplash Treatment Princeton, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people annually in the US alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Princeton, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Princeton, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of only temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, disability, and other significant medical conditions; get Princeton, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Princeton, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Princeton, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Princeton, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as soreness for a handful of days or could develop chronic pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is critical to get a medical evaluation to find out if you need Princeton, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Princeton, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can lead to devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Princeton, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. In any event, if your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you determine whether whiplash treatment like Princeton, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, look to your Princeton, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are manageable and resolve naturally with time. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment strategies like using heat and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Princeton, MN if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or continue beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your ability to enjoy life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor today. You should also seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is decided in part by whether you get prompt, efficacious whiplash treatment in Princeton, MN as soon as possible after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Princeton, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive help addressing your whiplash right away.
Princeton, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Princeton, MN whiplash treatment plan should be catered to your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Princeton, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Princeton, MN provides modern, evidence-based treatment practices from practiced treatment providers in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Princeton, MN chiropractor immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals young and old who have a wide range of needs, priorities, and physical complaints near Princeton, MN. The Total Spine Princeton, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Princeton, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Princeton, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to loosen up the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Princeton, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Princeton, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Princeton, MN. Book an appointment online right away.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Princeton, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get quality whiplash treatment from trusted Princeton, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Princeton, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Princeton, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.