Work Injury Treatment in Princeton, MN
Work injury treatment in Princeton, MN. Have you been injured at work? Is your movement health being impacted by chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you want to feel better but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care may be your answer.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury causes, it also impacts how you can put food on the table for your Princeton, MN family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are dealing with a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your wellness to ensure that you not only get back to work, but stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Princeton, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Princeton, MN Treat?
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, non-specific back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a disc injury from more physically intensive work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like construction or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Falling object injuries — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in jobs like construction. Common injuries include lesions, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a brain injury leads you to have chronic migraines, chiropractors can also provide meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped employees recover from in Princeton, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Princeton, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Princeton, MN chiropractor will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to return to. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know how your injuries happen, work backwards to find out what's causing them. After we get to know you, we'll do a physical examination, and carry out what X-rays or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal alignments are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to popular belief, chiropractors rarely "push joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these manipulations release muscle tension. Spinal adjustments help patients achieve optimal movement health and ensure your body is working in concert, and symptoms are relieved by relieving the stress a misalignment causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out tight muscles and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase blood flow, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and other advice to help your work injury treatment in Princeton, MN go as smoothly as possible and improve your long-term health.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Princeton, MN
Chiropractors offer a wide array of benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our Princeton, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about posture correction and other useful strategies to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, an experienced chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. A lot of our Princeton, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work more quickly under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. We can't make fractures heal faster, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it tackles the root cause instead of merely masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Princeton, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to cover expenses related to travel (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Princeton, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Princeton, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Princeton, MN
We have three main goals: provide lasting pain relief, improve your overall wellness, and help our Princeton, MN communities discover the wonderful benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Princeton, MN.