Migraine Treatment near Anoka County, MN
Migraine Treatment near Anoka County, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Anoka County, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Anoka County, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Anoka County, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Anoka County, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Anoka County, MN provides private, personalized care in a clean and modern clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Anoka County, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Anoka County, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Anoka County, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Anoka County, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month span of time, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who live with migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Anoka County, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Anoka County, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack consists of four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Anoka County, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Anoka County, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Anoka County, MN area take a personalized approach to treating each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Anoka County, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Anoka County, MN
When you trust our Anoka County, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Anoka County, MN migraine treatment.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Anoka County, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Anoka County, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Anoka County, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Anoka County, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Anoka County, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Anoka County, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Anoka County, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Anoka County, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Anoka County, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Anoka County, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.