Work Injury Treatment in Anoka County, MN
Work injury treatment in Anoka County, MN. Have you been injured at work? Are you suffering from chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about surgery or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care may be your solution.
Beyond the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also impacts your ability to provide for your Anoka County, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are suffering a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just injuries involving the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term wellness to ensure that you can both get back to work and feel great once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Anoka County, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online.
Common Work Injuries That Anoka County, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Generally, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like construction or agriculture, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Falling object injuries — In working environments that rely on heavy equipment place workers at heightened risk of being struck by a falling object. Examples of injuries include contusions, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a concussion leads you to have persistent headaches, chiropractors can also offer meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Anoka County, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Anoka County, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Anoka County, MN will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to discover the root cause. After a discussion, we'll perform a physical examination, and carry out what imaging tests or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll determine how to best treat your injuries. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "pop bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these thrusts release tensions interfering with how the body works. Spinal adjustments help employees reach optimal movement health and help your body function in concert, and pain is relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out soft tissue and facilitating the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced for over 5,000 years, massage therapy is proven to relieve anxiety, improve circulation, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Anoka County, MN go as smoothly as it can and promote your long-term health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Anoka County, MN
Chiropractic care offers innumerable benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Anoka County, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with tips for lifting and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, an experienced chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can relieve any stress your job may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Anoka County, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees missed less time away from work under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make fractures heal faster, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it tackles the root cause instead of just masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Anoka County, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. That includes covering expenses related to travel (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Anoka County, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Anoka County, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Anoka County, MN
We have three main goals: provide effective pain relief, boost your overall wellness, and help our Anoka County, MN friends and family understand the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Anoka County, MN.