Whiplash Treatment in Anoka County, MN
Whiplash Treatment Anoka County, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people annually in the US alone. While the majority of these cases can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Anoka County, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Anoka County, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Anoka County, MN with the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source rather than only temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, limitations, and other significant problems by getting Anoka County, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Anoka County, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Anoka County, MN?
You may need Anoka County, MN whiplash treatment if you were subject to a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from chronic pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Anoka County, MN.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. The majority of whiplash car accidents take place during lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Anoka County, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can cause tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Anoka County, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Anoka County, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, work with your Anoka County, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally on their own. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment methods like heat/cold applications and OTC medications. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Anoka County, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or persist more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor right away. It is also important to receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly common for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing years of chronic pain and debilitating symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, efficacious whiplash treatment in Anoka County, MN right away after being injured. Contact the Anoka County, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Anoka County, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Anoka County, MN that is written for your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment professional in Anoka County, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Anoka County, MN provides modern, chiropractic care performed by practiced medical professionals in our private, modern, and clean facilitye. Request an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Anoka County, MN chiropractor right away.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully addresses the route of the whiplash injury instead of merely temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients of all ages with a wide range of needs, priorities, and conditions near Anoka County, MN. The Total Spine Anoka County, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Your Anoka County, MN chiropractor will perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Anoka County, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help release tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Anoka County, MN may employ ultrasounds, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Anoka County, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Anoka County, MN. Schedule an appointment online as soon as you can.
Get Anoka County, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access expert whiplash treatment from leading Anoka County, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Anoka County, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Anoka County, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.