Migraine Treatment near Apple Valley, MN
Migraine Treatment near Apple Valley, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Apple Valley, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Apple Valley, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Apple Valley, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Apple Valley, MN offers private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Apple Valley, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Apple Valley, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Apple Valley, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Apple Valley, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month span of time, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have been unable to function or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Apple Valley, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may benefit from Apple Valley, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Apple Valley, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Apple Valley, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Apple Valley, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Apple Valley, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can reduce the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Apple Valley, MN
Your Apple Valley, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Apple Valley, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Apple Valley, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Apple Valley, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Apple Valley, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Apple Valley, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Apple Valley, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Apple Valley, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Apple Valley, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Apple Valley, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Apple Valley, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Apple Valley, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.