Work Injury Treatment in Apple Valley, MN
Work injury treatment in Apple Valley, MN. Did you sustain an injury on the job? Is your movement health being impacted by chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about surgery or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care may be your solution.
In addition to the pain and discomfort a work injury causes, it also affects how you can provide for your Apple Valley, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are suffering a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just injuries involving the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you not only return to work, but stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Apple Valley, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Apple Valley, MN Treat?
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from carrying out the same motions for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, non-specific back pain from being in the same position all day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are harder on our bodies, like landscaping or agriculture, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Injuries can include sprains and strains, fractures, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail heavy machinery put workers at higher risk of being hit by a falling object. Examples of injuries include contusions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors can treat work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a concussion causes persistent migraines, chiropractic care can also offer long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Apple Valley, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Apple Valley, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Apple Valley, MN will depend on the nature of your injury, nature of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over what caused your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work backwards to find out what's causing them. After our initial talk, we'll carry out a physical examination, and perform what X-rays or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually consists of chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are done through a variety of chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and these thrusts release tensions interfering with how the body works. Chiropractic alignments help workers achieve optimal functionality and help your body work harmoniously with itself, and symptoms are relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced for over 5,000 years, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, improve blood flow, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Apple Valley, MN go as smoothly as possible and improve your health down the road.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Apple Valley, MN
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Apple Valley, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with posture correction and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, a professional chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, soft tissue, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your job may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Apple Valley, MN work injury patients end up coming in for maintenance once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it focuses on the root cause instead of just treating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Apple Valley, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to cover travel costs (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Apple Valley, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our client testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Apple Valley, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Apple Valley, MN
We have three main goals: provide meaningful pain relief, improve your overall health, and help our Apple Valley, MN communities discover the countless benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Apple Valley, MN.