Whiplash Treatment in Apple Valley, MN
Whiplash Treatment Apple Valley, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect more than one million people every year in the United States alone. Though many of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Apple Valley, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Apple Valley, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and practical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of only masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, disability, and other significant complications by getting Apple Valley, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Apple Valley, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Apple Valley, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Apple Valley, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as soreness for a handful of days or could develop long-term pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is wise to get medical attention to learn if you need Apple Valley, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Apple Valley, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Apple Valley, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not a conclusive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out whether whiplash treatment like Apple Valley, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, look to your Apple Valley, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are mild to moderate and resolve naturally on their own. These patients may choose to try home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter medications. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Apple Valley, MN if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or continue more than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your daily life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor immediately. It is also important to receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately prevalent for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing years of chronic pain and debilitating symptoms is decided in part by whether you get prompt, proven whiplash treatment in Apple Valley, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Apple Valley, MN whiplash treatment providers for help addressing your whiplash injury right away.
Apple Valley, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Apple Valley, MN that is personalized to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in Apple Valley, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Apple Valley, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices from accomplished medical professionals in our private, modern, and clean officee. Request an appointment for Apple Valley, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury instead of treating or masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats individuals of all ages with a wide range of needs, goals, and conditions in the Apple Valley, MN area. Our Apple Valley, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Apple Valley, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Apple Valley, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to release the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Apple Valley, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Apple Valley, MN. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Apple Valley, MN. Schedule an appointment online right away.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Apple Valley, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get quality whiplash treatment from trusted Apple Valley, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Apple Valley, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Apple Valley, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.