Whiplash Treatment in Long Lake, MN
Whiplash Treatment Long Lake, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people every year in the US alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Long Lake, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Long Lake, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source rather than only masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, disability, and other significant complications; get Long Lake, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Long Lake, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Long Lake, MN?
You may need Long Lake, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from long-term pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is vital to get a medical evaluation to learn if you need Long Lake, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Long Lake, MN because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can lead to heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Long Lake, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out if you need Long Lake, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, look to your Long Lake, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally with time. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment methods like heat/cold applications and OTC pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Long Lake, MN if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your ability to enjoy life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor today. You should also seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and avoiding a lifetime of pain and debilitating symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, efficacious whiplash treatment in Long Lake, MN at your earliest opportunity after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Long Lake, MN whiplash treatment providers for help addressing your whiplash right away.
Long Lake, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Long Lake, MN whiplash treatment plan should be designed for your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment doctor in Long Lake, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Long Lake, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices performed by seasoned treatment professionals in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Long Lake, MN chiropractor now.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury as opposed to treating or masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients of all ages with a wide range of needs, goals, and conditions near Long Lake, MN. The Total Spine Long Lake, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and clinical experience to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Long Lake, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Long Lake, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to release the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Long Lake, MN might incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Long Lake, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Long Lake, MN. Make an appointment online right away.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Long Lake, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from leading Long Lake, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Long Lake, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the underlying cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Long Lake, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.