Work Injury Treatment in Long Lake, MN
Work injury treatment in Long Lake, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are worried about surgery or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the pain and discomfort a work injury comes with, it also limits your ability to provide for your Long Lake, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are dealing with a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just injuries involving the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your wellness to ensure that you can both return to work and feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Long Lake, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Long Lake, MN Treat?
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, non-specific back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a pinched nerve in your back from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like construction or agriculture, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, fractures, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — In working environments that rely on machinery put workers at heightened risk of being struck by a falling object. Examples of injuries include bruises, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors can treat work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a brain injury causes persistent migraines, chiropractic care can also offer long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Long Lake, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Long Lake, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Long Lake, MN chiropractor will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work backwards to discover what's causing them. After we get to know you, we'll carry out a physical examination, and conduct what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic adjustments are carried out by a variety of chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "push bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and chiropractors let out muscle tension. Chiropractic alignments help workers achieve optimal functionality and ensure your body is working harmoniously with itself, and pain is relieved by relieving the stress an injury places on the nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to reduce stress, improve blood flow, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Long Lake, MN go as quickly as possible and promote your health down the road.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Long Lake, MN
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our services in Long Lake, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to stay injury free and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Long Lake, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries who first seek out a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it tackles the root cause instead of merely masking symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Long Lake, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to pay for travel expenses (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Long Lake, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Long Lake, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Long Lake, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide effective pain relief, boost your overall wellness, and help our Long Lake, MN friends and family learn the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment for your work injury treatment in Long Lake, MN.